Quickly and easily roast a whole hog up to 125 pounds (live weight) on this entry level pig cooker from Meadow Creek—without turning the meat or adding charcoal! It can also do anything low and slow, including up to 24 whole chickens or 20 pork butts using the second tier grate. Wood or charcoal fired.
Features of the PR42 Charcoal Pig Roaster
- Cooking grate is made of rust-free food-grade T304 stainless steel rod and easy to clean.
- Stainless Steel Calibratable Thermometer
- Slanted drip pan drains the grease to the outside of the unit through a drip tube.
- 13″ Tires
- Top and bottom dampers to control the temperature and a removable charcoal vent in the bottom of the roaster.
- Grill body is made of 13-gauge welded steel and painted with black heat-resistant paint in an attractive matte finish.
- Approximately 60 lbs. of charcoal to cook a 125 lb. pig (live weight), 100 lbs. (dressed) at a temperature of about 300 degrees. Cook approximately 8-10 hours or until shoulder meat reaches 180 degrees.
Charcoal Pan Insert
Charcoal Grill Pan
2nd Tier Grate
Doors in Lid
Solid Tires (set)
8” Casters on Stand
Replacement Stainless Steel Grate
Replacement Drip Pan
Replacement Charcoal Vent
Replacement Wheel With Tire
Replacement Wheel With Solid Tire
|Overall Dimensions||39”h x 52”l x 30”w|
|Grate Height From Ground||25”|
|Grate Dimensions||20” x 41”|
|2nd Tier Grate Dimensions||16” x 40”|
|Cooking Area||5.69 sq. ft. (820 sq. in.)|
|Cooking Area With 2nd Tier Grate||10.14 sq. ft. (1,460 sq. in.)|
|Grate Style||Wire Grid With 1/2” Spacing|
|Metal Thickness||13 Gauge|
|Net Weight||250 lbs.|
|Shipping Weight||300 lbs.|
|Capacity of Whole Pigs||100 lbs.|
|Capacity of Pork Butts||2nd Tier Grate: 18-20, Single Grate: 10-11|
|Capacity of Racks of Ribs||2nd Tier Grate: 10-12, Single Grate: 5-6|
|Capacity of Whole Briskets||2nd Tier Grate: 8-9, Single Grate: 4-5|
|Capacity of Whole Chickens||2nd Tier Grate: 22-24, Single Grate: 12-14|
|Capacity of Hamburgers||2nd Tier Grate: 70-80, Single Grate: 40-45|