- 1 whole chicken, cleaned
- 4-6 buns
- 1 package of ready-made coleslaw
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- Kosher salt
- Big Green Egg Sweet and Smoky Seasoning
- Big Green Egg Bold & Tangy Carolina Barbecue Sauce
- Dill pickle slices
- Big Green Egg
- Apple Wood Smoking Chunks
- Set the EGG for indirect cooking with a convEGGtor at 250°F/121°C with Big Green Egg Apple Smoking Chunks.
- For the coleslaw, combine the ready-made coleslaw with vinegar, salt and black pepper to taste, and sugar. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Season the outside of the chicken liberally with the Big Green Egg Sweet & Smoky Seasoning. Place the chicken on the EGG and smoke for 2 to 3 hours. Remove the chicken from the EGG when the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit and let it rest for 15 to 20 minutes. Separate chicken from bone and shred it into equal size pieces.
- To build the sandwich, layer pulled chicken on the bun and top with coleslaw, slices of dill pickle, and drizzle with the Big Green Egg Bold & Tangy Carolina Barbecue Sauce. Serve with your favorite side. Enjoy!