Barbecuing has never been so easy and…juicy!
BBQ buffs will find out how easy it is to control the heat while you are cooking.
“BBQ 500” converts your Alfa wood or gas-burning oven into a barbecue with enough power and control to cook over the flame or embers and to grill more quickly or more slowly with the door closed. Use the door to impart extra smoky flavour to your dishes and keep the meat juicy and tender.
Try Alfa ovens for two methods of cooking:
- Open-door direct cooking: it means placing the food directly over the embers at high temperatures. It is suitable for small meat cuts and exploits the Maillard reaction to deliver deliciously browned food that literally melts in your mouth.
- Closed-door indirect cooking: in this case, the meat is placed to the side of the fire and is baked at a moderate temperature for a long time.
Four Heat Sources:
- Burning flame
- Hot embers
- Enveloping dome
- Hot bricks
- Red-hot embers and open fire make for excellent barbecues.
- Crispy and tasty meat on the outside, tender and juicy on the inside, the dream of all BBQ enthusiasts.
- It takes 5 minutes for grilling thanks to the power of fire and the heat of the embers.
- Push the dish well into the oven and keep your hands out of harm’s way.
- The pitmaster no longer has to be exposed to grilling fumes and vapours: the chimney flue will clear them easily.
- The Alfa oven is safe: 500 °C inside but outside you can touch it with your fingers.
- Once you are through with the cooking, the oven cleans itself (pyrolysis) and reverts to a nifty designer appliance.
- Cook meat, fish or veg without burning them.